FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
X1 Announces Support for IBM Lotus Notes
Award-Winning Desktop Search will be available to the more
than 118 Million Users of IBM Lotus Notes
ORLANDO, FL (Lotusphere) - January 26, 2005
X1 Technologies, Inc., a recognized leader in desktop search, today announced planned support for the IBM Lotus Notes® email messaging system and future support of IBM Workplace within its award-winning desktop search application, X1 Desktop Search. Once released, the more than 118 million users of Lotus Notes® will be able to gain access to critical knowledge stored in their email, attachments, contacts and files via one of the most robust desktop search tools currently on the market.
"We've received hundreds of requests from Lotus Notes users in businesses around the world asking for a desktop solution that doesn't require them to change the way they work," said Mark Goodstein, founder and EVP, business development for X1 Technologies. "We're thrilled to provide these users with the rich search experience that tens of thousands of Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudoraand Mozilla® users have come to depend on - enabling them to be substantially more productive."
X1 Desktop Search is the fastest way for PC users to find what they're looking for and puts an end to the frustration of searching and waiting that users experience when attempting to locate a particular email or file. X1 is easy to deploy - just download, install and index. Once it's installed, X1 sorts through the thousands of email messages, attachments, files and other information on a local or network-attached hard drive to find just the one the user wants. X1's comprehensive solution is comprised of a powerful set of features, including:
In addition to these capabilities, X1 Desktop Search will provide IBM Lotus Notes users with:
- Search as you type. With each new keystroke, results are displayed and refined immediately with search terms highlighted in contrasting colors - in the list and in the documents themselves.
- Comprehensive file support. X1 indexes the content of more than 225 different types of files including Word, Excel, PDF, PowerPoint, ZIP, audio files and more.
- Contextual previews. In addition to indexing more than 225 file types, X1 also displays search results in their native format without requiring users to open the application it was created in - or even have it installed.
- Find and then act. Once users find what they're looking for, X1 provides a myriad of post search actions within the application itself.
"I'm hooked on X1," said Ray Ozzie, creator of Lotus Notes and CEO of Groove Networks. "For many years I've quite happily used Notes' native indexing features. But since experiencing X1's Notes integration - enabling unified search across databases and the file system - there's no going back."
- The ability to instantly search and refine all of their Lotus Notes email messages and attachments.
- Search capabilities for locally replicated Lotus Notes databases and Lotus Domino hosted databases.
- Instant access to search contacts stored within Lotus Notes.
- Post search actions - the ability to reply, forward, print, move, delete and more - all without leaving the X1 interface.
"Our employees are looking for a way to better manage their increasingly large amounts of data, whether it's stored in Lotus Notes email message and attachments, files or company servers," said Gen Miake for Clarion Corporation of America. "X1 will provide us with an easy-to-use, comprehensive way of gaining immediate access to critical information in these data stores, thereby allowing us to work more efficiently."
X1 plans to release a beta version of X1 Desktop Search with support for Lotus Notes in the late part of Q1. For more information, or to be notified when the beta is available, please visit the X1 web site at: http://www.x1.com. X1 Desktop Search currently supports Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla® and Eudoraemail applications.
X1 Desktop Search was recently chosen by PC Magazine as a Best of 2004 product and awarded their prestigious Technical Excellence award for Search Tools, besting Google Desktop Search and Blinkx.
X1 Technologies has partnered with leading companies including Yahoo! to power their desktop search initiatives and is an Advanced member of IBM PartnerWorld.
About X1 Technologies
X1 Technologies, Inc. (www.x1.com) develops desktop search software and solutions for customers ranging from individual professional users to large enterprises. The company's award-winning flagship product,
X1™ Desktop Search along with the forthcoming X1™ Desktop Search, Workgroup Edition, provide PC users in every industry with the fastest way to find what they're looking for, whether they need content from email, attachments, files,
contacts, networks, exchange servers, or other sources of unstructured local and enterprise data. X1 Desktop Search is currently in use at companies ranging from the Fortune 100 to small businesses that depend on ready access to essential information.
X1 Technologies is headquartered in Pasadena, California and is a network company of Idealab, a creator and operator of technology businesses.
# # #