FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
X1 Introduces X1 Team Edition
Team Edition brings secure, easy to deploy desktop search to
small and medium-sized businesses
PASADENA, CA - May 16, 2005
X1 Technologies, Inc., a recognized leader in desktop search solutions, today announced the immediate availability of X1 Team Edition, a powerful desktop search tool designed for small and medium-sized companies whose employees have a need to quickly find information in their email, attachments, files or network drives. Along with the award-winning X1 Desktop client, Team Edition includes the X1 Deployment Manager for easy administration and deployment of the individual desktop installations.
"Users in small and medium sized businesses require specific features such as additional security, deployment and administration tools beyond what free desktop search solutions provide," said Josh Jacobs, president of X1 Technologies. "Likewise, they typically do not require the advanced centralized indexing and sever components available in enterprise desktop search products. Therefore, we're extremely pleased to provide these users with a secure, cost effective desktop search solution that has been specifically developed to meet their needs."
X1 Team Edition has been designed for companies that require multiple copies of desktop search installed in their organization with ease and simplicity. The X1 Desktop client enables employees to find the information that matters most to them as fast as they can type, whether that information is stored in files, email, attachments or in their contacts. Team Edition allows for one to control the features of each copy, thus providing a secure desktop search solution. Benefits of the new Team Edition include:
"Our architects, by nature of their job, individually accumulate vast amounts of information within documents and files," said Mike Rinken, IT Manager at Denver, CO based Fentress Bradburn Architects. "The ease in deployment and overall usability that the Team Edition offers at such a cost-effective price point is something the free tools we evaluated couldn't provide. Not only does X1 allow our architects to instantly search these files, it provides them with a contextual preview of each search result - even PDF and CAD files - and allows them to find what they're looking for faster."
- Easy to Deploy - Intuitive Deployment Manager allows for quick installation of multiple copies of the desktop software whether they are local or remote users.
- Maintain Control - The Deployment Manager allows an administrator to determine what features each user can have access to.
- Be Secure - Team Edition is a proven, secure solution that enforces the access control rights you have already established in your company. Administrators can lock-down a Team's installation by allowing only authorized file shares or folders to be indexed at the level of detail they determine or even eliminate all network traffic, ensuring all data remains on each user's local machine.
- Customize the Solution - X1 can be configured for each company with commonly used saved searches and preferences set globally for menus and toolbars.
Designed to simplify the deployment of X1 throughout an organization, the X1 Team Edition Deployment Manager allows an administrator to customize and configure the application once for all users. Using the Deployment Manager and the X1 Deployment Best Practices Guide, individual features can be turned off and removed from the interface, grayed out and left in the interface, or pre-configured with default settings.
Other Deployment Manager features include:
Pricing & Availability
- Creates a "silent" installer to deploy X1 which can be automatically run by individual users or centrally with deployment tools.
- Provides "lockout" options such as checking for recent upgrades from X1 that might be unwanted in a business environment.
- Ability to customize default X1 Client settings to support a specific environment, including adding custom saved searches that are frequently used by users, adding menu items, or setting default Client settings.
- Options to configure Team Edition to work well in network environments through customization of specific X1 Client behavior.
- Security which enables administrators to globally lockdown settings that might not be applicable in specific environments.
X1 Team Edition is available for $2,500 per year which includes 50 seats, version upgrades and customer support. Options for additional seats are also available. Team Edition supports more than 225 different types of files and is compatible with Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Mozilla®, Thunderbird and Lotus Notes email messaging systems. System requirements for Team Edition include Microsoft® Windows® 2000 / XP, 512 MB RAM recommended and 150 MB of available hard disk space. For more information or to purchase, please visit the X1 web site at: http://www.x1.com/teamedition.
About X1 Technologies
X1 Technologies, Inc. (www.x1.com) develops desktop search software and solutions for customers ranging from individual professional users to large enterprises. The company's award-winning flagship product, X1 Desktop Search, along with the forthcoming X1 Enterprise Edition, provide PC users in every industry with the fastest way to find what they're looking for, whether they need content from email, attachments, files, contacts, networks, exchange servers, or other sources of unstructured local and enterprise data. X1 Technologies has partnered with leading companies including Yahoo! and EarthLink to power their desktop search initiatives. X1 Desktop Search is currently in use at companies ranging from the Fortune 100 to small businesses that depend on ready access to essential information. X1 Technologies, headquartered in Pasadena, California, is backed by U.S. Venture Partners and is a network company of Idealab, a creator and operator of technology businesses. The company was founded in 2003.
# # #
X1 is a trademark of X1 Technologies, Inc. IBM, Lotus, and Lotus Notes are registered trademarks. Notes and Domino are trademarks of IBM. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2005 All rights reserved.