X1® Professional Client v6.7.4
X1® Enterprise Server 3.3
X1® Professional Client v6.7.4
) (Released Monday October 4, 2010)
The current version of X1® Professional Client is v6.7.4
If you are looking for release notes for a previous build of X1 Professional Client, visit the Release Notes Archive page (N.B. earlier versions of X1 were called Find, X1 Desktop Search, and X1 Enterprise Client).
New Features/Enhancements in the X1 Professional Clients
- Improved the responsiveness and memory footprint of the X1Service process.
- Improved Lotus scanning speeds by up to 20%.
- Improved the responsiveness of X1 to become active after operating in the background.
- Improved the memory footprint of the X1FileMonitor process.
- Improved the installation behavior of X1 when using the Deployment Manager.
- Fixed a bug where X1 would not respect the option to start up minimized to the system tray.
- Fixed a bug where the X1 icon in the taskbar was not always responsive to mouse clicks.
- Fixed a bug with the Lotus scanner where X1 would lose connection with Lotus and require X1 to be restarted.
- Fixed a bug where X1 would crash and report "out of memory".
- Fixed a bug where the index would report an error loading database files.
- Fixed several bugs that could cause X1 to crash while indexing.
- Fixed several bugs that could cause errors while sorting on certain columns.
X1 Supported Platforms Guide
X1 goes out of its way to explicitly test our products with a number of third-party products. Our goal is to test and validate that our products work with those products our customers and partners use most frequently. Just because a particular version of the third-party software is not listed on the supported platforms guide does not mean that the product will not work with X1, just that we do not explicitly test that version of the application.
X1 Server/Client Compatibility Guide
X1 Server v2.0 supports X1 Professional Client versions 2.x
X1 Server v2.5.x supports X1 Professional Client versions 5.x & 6.x
Symantec Offline Vault Supported Platform
Symantec Enterprise Vault v6, v7, v7.5, v8 for Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 (32-bit)
Professional Client v5.6 or greater
System Requirements – Desktop Client
1 GHz Processor, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
1 GB RAM for 32-bit or 2 GB RAM for 64-bit
1 GB free hard disk recommended
Note: Actual memory and space used depends on number of files and email messages indexed.
Microsoft Windows XP SP2 & or later
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft .NET 3.0 and above required.
Lotus Notes & Domino 6.5.x to 8.x
Microsoft Outlook XP, 2003, 2007, 2010
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5, 2.0, 3.0
||Supported Email Actions
||Go To Folder
||Reply / To All / Forward
||Mark Read / Unread
||Copy To Folder / PST,NSF1
|Microsoft Outlook Express
1 Outlook only supports 'Copy to PST', similarly Lotus Notes only supports 'Copy to NSF'
||Supported Attachments Actions
||Send By Email
||Go To Email
|Microsoft Outlook Express
Unsupported Products/Known Issues:
- Downgrading from 6.7 to 6.2.4 or earlier release requires uninstall without saving index/settings.
- Deployment Manager builds do not support push-to-client searches created in the X1 Enterprise Server.
- Multi-row saved searches are no longer supported starting in version 6.5 and above.
- Delete key does not work in the deskbar (use the backspace key instead).
- Add to Zip PSA does not preserve the relative folder path of the source files.
Windows 7 and Vista
- X1 will ignore registry parameters passed from Windows Vista searches for variables such as My Computer, Recycling Bin, Network Locations, Desktop.
- The F3 command in Windows Vista does not send a query to the default search engine if the cursor is placed in the Windows Explorer search box.
- Files RTI is not compatible with Microsoft Vista junction points.
- Outlook 2010 - X1 does not currently support indexing the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010
- X1 does not automatically detect Outlook mail profile default changes while running. X1 needs to be restarted to establish a connection to the new Outlook email profile.
- Performing a "Copy to Folder" PSA on items in a folder with an auto-forward rule causes the rule to be applied again on the items selected.
- Outlook Express - When using X1 to open, forward, or reply to Outlook Express email messages with attachments, the new email message will not contain the attachments.
- X1 does not support indexing multiple copies of the same Lotus Notes replica database.
- X1 will not index Lotus Notes email that only appear in the "All Documents" view.
- IMAP Email Servers - X1 does not support indexing of email messages when using IMAP mailboxes. X1 recommends always storing copies of email messages in a local PST file.
- X1 must be closed when Symantec Offline Vault is updated.
- PDF - Preview of PDF documents with the hidden text property turned on does not preview results.
- Norton 360 on-access firewall and Symantec Endpoint Protection may cause X1 startup problems which result in "Remote Procedure Call Failed".
- Access - Unable to preview Access Database Formats beyond Version 2.0 or indexing any Access Database formats.
- A change in locale/regional settings requires the user to rename profile names/PST file paths and re-build the X1 index.
- X1 only supports PST paths and MAPI profiles that contain characters that map to the locale/regional settings.
- X1 does not support double byte characters in the installation or data directory paths.
- X1 does not support double byte characters for the Mozilla Thunderbird and Outlook Express mail clients.
- The "Add to Zip" post search action executes only on items with titles/columns with latin-1 UTF characters.
- X1 search highlighting for files has been turned off for queries that contain CJK characters.
- X1 does not support drag & drop of an email with CJK characters in the subject field for Outlook 2003.
The following settings will not be preserved upon an upgrade to the X1 Client 5.6.4 and lower:
- Changes to the actions toolbar.
- The "Load X1 at Startup" setting.
Windows Vista User Access Control (UAC) Considerations:
- The following actions require administrator authentication:
- The ability to install X1.
- Registering the product for all users.
- Setting shortcut settings for all users.
- Adding/removing plugins.
- For these actions, an authentication dialog will prompt for a username and password with administrator privileges.
X1® Enterprise Server Version 3.3
(Build 2096aw) (Released Monday July 21, 2008)
The current version of X1® Enterprise Server is v3.3 (Build 2096aw).
If you are looking for release notes for a previous build of X1 Enterprise Server, visit the Release Notes Archive page.
Best Practices - General
Best Practices to Avoid Known Issues
3.3 (Build 2096aw)
3.2 (Build 1882ar)
- Added Document Queues that allows user to set data partitions (virtual sub-clusters) that allow faster querying by specifying smaller data sets
- Added support for Windows Server 2008
- Extended the Mountpoint Configuration tool to allow for automatic generation of mountpoints for large file shares
- Improved memory configuration at install
- Added animations to User Quick Start Guide
- Made the maximum number of concurrently scanning mountpoints easily configurable
- Improved display of data in the Mountpoint Status Monitor
- Provided better reporting in logs and Health Check Tool of query information
- Added control for all Cluster Manager actions to the main menu
- Added support for saving and archiving log files to zip
- Set index default maximum size to 9GB to optimize performance
- Added check for required permission when setting share level security indexing for mountpoints
- Added requirements checker to beginning of installer
- Added message to Status Messages Panel when user is on a trial license
- Enhanced index configuration options within the installer
- Corrected the warning message for Out of Memory reports
- Added navigation controls for hit highlights in Browser Client preview window (for Internet Explorer only)
- Fixed a bug in the Browser Client where the Clear button did not clear all information
- Improved performance for sorting on date/time fields
- Fixed a bug where Index split operations would fail to complete
- Fixed a bug where remote nodes could not successfully be added to the central node
3.0.1 (Build 1790hf)
- Updated the Browser Client to utilize a Search button as the default behavior
- Updated the Browser Client to add better reporting and visualization of status
- Updated the Browser Client to expose a Previous and Next button to page through results
- Created a Health Check Utility to provide advanced reporting capabilities
- Added a tool to automate the creation of Exchange Mountpoints
- Created a Global Mountpoint Scheduler panel to allow for the schedules to be edited for all mountpoints at the same time
- Updated the default mountpoint schedule to "Every Saturday at midnight"
- Added a feature to place the server into a standby state that supports file backups
- Added the ability to schedule a restart of the Federation Engine from within the Global Scheduler
- Added a display in the System Controller Performance Monitor to indicate the last time the indexes were updated and whether there are active searches
- Created a method to export the text content of files to disk for further processing
- Created a method to export the full set of metadata from search results to disk for further processing
- Improved the time required to process updates to index
- Synchronized the timing of index updates
- Shortened the time to display results in index after a completed scan
- Added support for embedded office document types
- Added additional reporting to the Index Combine command
- Implemented Lucene 2.2.0
- Added a feature to check and update the setting for the domain controller on reboot
- Changed column headers in the System Controller Performance Monitor to "Processed size" and "Processed count"
- Renamed the Console to "Status Messages"
- Enhanced support for long path fields
- Added a setting to allow for more simultaneous sessions to be opened at the same time
- Added a feature to auto-expire the oldest sessions when the limit was reached on number of open sessions
- Removed some erroneous errors from the log files
- Improved the ability to page through the result set
- Made the free disk space checks more thorough
- Enhanced the ability to release unused sockets for reuse
- Fixed a bug where the log file dialog box took main focus
3.0 (Build 1790gw)
- Added an Open PSA for the PST Connector to the Browser Client
- Increased the maximum size of External Query Plugins to 50 MB
- Fixed a bug where clients received "Failed to receive server results" due to server trying to utilize non-existent ports
- Fixed a bug where file scans and PST scans could not be run simultaneously leading to FileNotFoundException for whitelist.xml
- Added the External Query Engine to extend the ability for the server to query third party indexes
- Added a 64-bit version of Server and File Connector - currently available in Beta
- Added the ability to pre-define installation parameters
- Updated temp file locations to be stored in the X1 install directory
- Added optional settings to improve performance by limiting the number of tokens extracted per document
- Improved performance of Index Engine with large indexes
- Enhanced the response of the Index Engine to Out of Memory conditions by only activating Read Only mode after a cluster of events
- Fixed a bug where indexing large files could cause Out of Memory errors in the Java Space
- Fixed a bug where Saved Searches could be named with illegal characters
- Fixed a bug where the Cluster Manager would not work properly for users other than the installing user
- Fixed a bug where the Professional Client would sometimes report "failed to receive server results"
- Fixed a bug where special characters in a user name would prevent the ability of the Professional Client to add the server
- Fixed a bug where events would remain in the Java Space indefinitely
- Fixed a bug where components could not be started when remote nodes were located in different time zones
BEST PRACTICES - GENERAL
RAM and Disk Drives
For best performance, a minimum of 2 GB of RAM is recommended. The application will run with 1 GB, but performs much better with 2 GB or more of RAM. The startup.properties file defines the maximum amount of memory available to each X1EE component. For best performance, use multiple hard disks. Use one hard disk for OS and swap, one disk for the X1 install, and one or more for indexes.
During install, consider using the fully qualified domain name
If the short domain name does not match the long domain name (e.g.: short: "abcdef" and long: "abcd-inc.com", use the fully qualified domain name in the install wizard. By using such explicit naming, this ensures there is no confusion by the application.
Ensure the directories to be searched are readable by the account the X1 services are running as
In order for X1EE to search the content in a particular directory, the files in that directory must have their permissions set to allow read access to the account that the X1 services are running as. Generally, files inherit the permissions of the directory, so changing the permissions of the directory is usually sufficient to grant access to all files in that directory. One exception: if an individual file has its permissions set explicitly, this overrides the inheritance from the directory. Remember to check the "Deny" list as well, by clicking the Advanced button on the permissions tab. These permission changes will be visible to the user after the next index of the data.
Create an X1Users group for granting permissions to saved searches
By default, saved searches do not have any account or group permissions. These must be set explicitly in the Manage Federation Engine screen. For ease of maintenance, grant permission to an X1Users group, rather than adding users individually. Besides being faster than individually assigning permission to each and every user, it allows changing membership in this group without impacting the X1EE application. To create multiple levels of read access to files, create multiple groups (e.g.: Finance, Engineering, HR, Everyone).
Allow time for replication between multiple Active Directory controllers
When creating the account that the X1 services will run as, and the X1Users group, note that this occurs on a particular active directory controller for the domain. When there are multiple controllers for a domain, time must be allowed for replication of that information in the other controllers. The Active Directory default replication time is 180 minutes, but can be shorter or longer; consult your active directory administrator for how your installation is setup. The X1EE application may not be accessible by all users in your domain prior to the completion of the replication cycle.
If the default Index Directory is not used, ensure the permissions on that directory include Full Control permissions for the account that the X1 Services are running as
The default index directory is underneath Program Files / X1 Enterprise Server. Full Control permissions are required so that X1EE can read and write to this directory, as well as create and delete index files. These permissions are automatically assigned if one is logged in as this account when the directory is created.
Ensure the required Operating System ports are available
The X1EE application consists of a collection of processes that interact with each other using defined ports. Some of these ports are dynamically assigned at the start of the application; others are fixed. See the X1 Server Administrator Guide, Appendix B, for more details on the required ports.
Verify access to the Browser Client
If one desires to access the web client as a user other than the logged-in user, specify the IP address or the fully qualified domain name (DNS) in the URL. This will cause a window to pop up where the username and password can be entered, so that authentication is explicit. The use of localhost uses the workstation credentials.
Browsing may not be immediately available when X1EE is started the first time
It may take up to five minutes for the first set of indexed data to be committed to index. During this time, you can still see the authorized saved searches, but you will see zero results.
To change the user authenticated with the Browser Client, close the browser and access Browser Client URL again
User authentication occurs the first time the browser accesses the web client. A session is created by IIS for that user, and all accesses by the browser thereafter are for that user. To change users, the browser must be closed and reopened, which forces IIS to create a new session and authenticate the user.
To Register the X1 Server Product
The X1 Server comes preconfigured with a trial license that limits you to one server, 15 concurrent web users, 4 indices, and 30 days of use. You will need to apply your license file prior to installing any additional nodes to your cluster and prior to the expiration date of the trial license. To apply your License File, first save the file to the server that will act as the central node. We do not recommend saving it in the same directory as the X1 Server installation in case you need to uninstall for some reason. Please note that after applying the license file, X1 creates its own copy and you are free to move the original to another location. Start the Cluster Manager. In the Help menu, select "Register Product..." Click Load and navigate to the location where you saved the license file. Highlight the license file and click Open. Look over the information within the License File to verify it is correct. If there are any errors, you should contact X1 Customer Care for a new License File. Click Apply to apply the License File. Click Yes and OK to the confirmation dialog boxes. Click Close to close the license information dialog box. Your license file is now applied.
BEST PRACTICES - TO AVOID KNOWN ISSUES
This is a quick summary of actions that can be followed to avoid known issues. To read more about the description of the problem and solutions once the problem is encountered, please refer to the Troubleshooting section below.
- Do not install the server on a disk configured with a FAT32 file system
- Do not install the server on the domain controller
- Do not user install on a computer with a non-standard name containing characters /\":;|<>+=,?* _
- Do not install the Federation Engine and the Browser Client on separate nodes
- Do not install X1EE as a user not explicitly part of the domain that the server is running on.
- Do not use the characters !&-)#$_ within the Installing User Name
- If installing on Server 2003, the IIS 5.0 Isolation Mode must be unchecked
- If DNS load balancing is in use for a server with two IP addresses that map to the same hostname, then during installation explicitly specify the IP address to use for all X1EE access, and not the hostname of the server.
- Installing Google toolbar or ICQ toolbar within Internet Explorer on computers that you want to use the Browser Client to access the X1 Enterprise Server will cause problems when executing the Open File action.
- Anti-virus software installed on the server may interfere with installation, operation, or performance of the X1 server.
- If the Cluster Manager appears with a grey screen, do not close the Cluster Manager in a maximized window to prevent the problem on next start.
- If the Cluster Manager does not properly display all components, try closing and reopening the Cluster Manager.
- When creating mountpoints, set share security = false if you are not using Share Level Security
- When setting Share Security to True for a mountpoint, you must ensure that the Installing User is a member of the local machine administrators group or local power users group on the machine that the share actually resides upon.
- Scan at least one item of each file type for each installed connector to properly set up each file type schema.
- Whenever possible, you should minimize scanning during times of peak querying.
- Never set permission = deny on a saved search for any groups the installing user belongs to.
- Avoid restarting the Index Engine during a running scan.
- When adjusting Read Only settings of Indexes, ensure that at least one index is always Ready.
- >Always configure index directories to give full permission to anyone who administers the Cluster Manager.
- Do not attempt to change the state of a scanner multiple times without verifying that the first state change was completed.
- Do not remove a running mountpoint. First stop it and delete data prior to removing it.
- Whenever making significant changes to a mountpoint, close and reopen the Status Monitor to ensure it properly refreshes.
- Do not use Windows Explorer to navigate to the temporary indexes created while Splitting, Moving, or Combining Indexes.
- When executing "Start all services" against several nodes, visually verify that all nodes have started.
- Do not Restart X1 Servers if you have mountpoints paused and want to retain them in the paused state. This applies to manual Restarts, Global Scheduler Restarts, and machine reboots.
- Do not place invalid SCM files in the X1 Enterprise Server\x1ee\schemas directory or save mountpoints in this directory.
- Do not change passwords on the machine after installing X1 Server without taking the steps detailed below in troubleshooting.
- Do not change the installing username associated with X1 Server after installing.
- Minimize the number of columns sent to the clients in the saved search to the minimum required.
- To display customized icons in the Browser Client, use one of the predefined saved search names (they are case sensitive): Files, Attachments, Email, Inbox, Sent Items, Calendar, or Contacts
- Avoid sorting large result sets within saved searches by columns that have relatively large common prefixes.
TROUBLESHOOTING - WORKAROUNDS FOR ISSUES USERS MAY ENCOUNTER
Errors appear in the logs to indicate that some field names are not valid. (XEE-3255)
Scan at least one item of each file type for each installed connector to properly set up each file type schema.
Preview Component does not work during periods when large number of Mountpoints are running. (XEE-3171)
Avoid running a large number of Mountpoints (e.g. 7) per node during times of peak querying to ensure enough CPU remains available to run the Preview Component.
Combine Index operation does not finish correctly (XEE-3004)
If the permissions to the index directories have been manually altered, or if the Cluster Manager is being run by a user other than the installing user, the X1 server may not have adequate permissions to complete Combine operations. Add read/write permissions to the affected directories to fix this problem.
Mountpoints cannot be stopped after placing all indexes into Read Only states (Disk full, Apply Size Limit, Max Size Set, Index Balance Set) (XEE-2761)
At least one index must be in Ready mode to ensure the Java Space is Open and Mountpoints can change state.
When scanning a mountpoint with Share Security set to
True, an error appears in the logs for getExternFileShareGroups fail (XEE-2728)
You must ensure that the Installing User is a member of the
local machine administrators group or local power users group on the machine
that the share actually resides upon.
Splitting, Moving, or Combing Index operation did not
complete correctly (XEE-2667)
Using Windows Explorer to navigate to within the temporary
index directories created during these operations can cause errors by locking
X1 out of the directories. The error can be corrected by renaming the _aux
directories to the original index names, but contact X1 Customer Support for
Mountpoints that were paused became stopped after
Restarting X1 Servers (XEE-2565)
If you wish to retain mountpoints in the paused state, do
not Restart X1 Servers. Otherwise, they will return to a stopped state. Note
that the only affect will be that the next time they are started, they will
begin their scan at the beginning of the data structure and not the middle.
After changing the installing username associated with
the X1 Server, it does not work properly (XEE-2518)
It is not recommended to change the installing username as
the recovery steps are complicated. Contact X1 Customer Service for a copy of
the required procedure.
On certain machines, the Cluster Manager may come up with
a grey screen (XEE-2402)
Minimize and remaximize the Cluster Manager to get the UI to
refresh. After maximizing, try resizing the window so it does not take the full
screen prior to closing the Cluster Manager.
All services do not start after changing the password on the machine. (XEE-2379)
Within Windows, select the X1 Services, right click them, select Properties and update the Log On tab to have the new password. Manually start the service.
Users are unable to access the web browser for a server installed on a computer with a _ in it's name. (XEE-2375)
Do not user install on a computer with a non-standard name containing characters /\":;|<>+=,?* _ See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228275 for more guidance.
>The Status Monitor for a given mountpoint is not
providing updated information (XEE-2348)
Close the Status Monitor and reopen it.
Server running X1EE is unable to authenticate users. (XEE-2207)
Ensure the clock on the X1EE server is within 5 minutes of the Active Directory server. Otherwise, the Kerberos tokens issued by that server will not be authenticated. To ensure the server clock never drifts, enable NNTP server synching.
The server will not run if installed on the domain controller (even in a VM). (XEE-2027)
Install the server on a non-domain controller
The presence of an anti-virus application may adversely affect X1EE performance. (XEE-2016)
Some anti-virus applications may utilize ports that X1EE requires, making it impossible to start the X1EE application. We have specifically noted a problem with McAfee VirusScan enterprise 8.0.
User is able to see data on a mountpoint that was removed while it was indexing data. (XEE-1913)
Delete the index that this mountpoint was writing to. Warning - deleting the index will delete data from other associated mountpoints.
High System Controller memory use. By default the System Controller is configured to use up to 512 MB of RAM. In situations where there are a large number of Connector Engines scanning a large number of unusually large files this may be insufficient. This unusual situation can be observed by selecting View: System Controller Performance and observing the "Current Memory %" value. In this situation the memory will be close to or at 100%. (XEE-1902)
Contact X1 Customer Service who can walk you through the steps of increasing the System Controller memory allocation.
Indexed Count and Document Counts are not matching after restarting the Index Engine. (XEE-1884)
If the queue is stacking up due to system performance issues, the correct action is to pause running scanners to allow the queue to clear up and then resume the scanners. Avoid restarting the Index Engine during a full scan to try to solve this problem.
In Federation Engine, some schemas are actually saved searches, and "Edit Aliases" does not work. (XEE-1870)
Ensure that there are no inappropriate files in the X1 Enterprise Server\x1ee\schemas directory.
Browser Client returns "The X1 Server is not responding" when the Browser Client is installed on the central node and the Federation Engine is on a remote node. (XEE-1857)
The Federation Engine and Browser Client must be installed on the same node. Reinstall components to achieve this configuration.
Not all nodes start when executing "Start all services" and the "Start all services" command is still active. (XEE-1849)
This may occur when the remote nodes are on slow machines and the cluster manager times out on sending the start command. Re-execute the "Start all services" command until all nodes have started. Consider improving the hardware on the slow nodes.
Errors when installing the Federation Engine on a system with a FAT32 file system. (XEE-1826)
Do not install X1EE on a system with a FAT32 file system - file systems must be NTFS to properly support Active Directories.
Authorization denied - unable to access saved search with browser client or desktop client. (XEE-1811)
In the IIS - websites - services tab, ensure IIS 5.0 isolation mode is not checked.
User that X1EE is installed as receives "You do not have access to any Published Searches on this X1 Server" when accessed via the user used to install the server. (XEE-1805)
Ensure that the user used to install the server is explicitly part of the domain that the server is running on. The user cannot only be a associated with a trusted domain.
Installation does not begin, a java.lang.Exception error occurs or cannot grant "Log on as a service" rights. (XEE-1767)
Use of characters !&-)#$_ in the Installing User Name are not supported. If needed, create a custom user name with just alphanumeric characters to install the X1 Server.
When a computer in domain A scans files from a computer in domain B, users from domain A can't see the files. Domain A and domain B are trusted domains. (XEE-1751)
Please contact X1 Customer Support to help resolve this issue.
When accessing with the client, user receives "this page cannot be displayed/cannot find server or DNS error." (XEE-1681)
When installing on a server with more than one IP address, always specify the IP address when identifying central and remote nodes. Do not use the NETBIOS or DNS name.
On rare occasions, the Cluster Manager can lose communication with components and not properly display them. (XEE-1546)
Close and reopen the Cluster Manager to force communication to be restored to all components.
Installing User is unable to reconfigure the Federation Engine. (XEE-1005)
The installing user must never deny permission (including being denied permissions as a part of a group) to saved searches as it prevents viewing of them from within the Federation Engine. To fix this, you must go to the installation folder ...\X1 Enterprise Server\x1ee\published and in the security tab within the properties dialog uncheck the deny permission that is causing the problem. The general rule is "Allow a set, and then deny a subset."
Searches return results when sorted against a given column in descending order but return 0 results when sorted in the ascending order (XBR-272)
Sorting one direction may take longer because the column has large groups of common prefixes (for example Path) which results in a slower sort. Try avoiding this sort or increasing the query results timeout setting.
Customized icons do not appear for a desired saved search in the Browser Client (XBR-251)
Currently customized icons only appear for the following saved search names (they are case sensitive): Files, Attachments, Email, Inbox, Sent Items, Calendar, or Contacts
When sending a large number of columns (more than 30) to the users, the performance is poor. When sending a very large number of columns to the clients (more than 130), the clients cannot display the results (XBR-229)
Edit the search to send fewer columns. Consider creating two separate searches and splitting the sent columns between the searches.
User accesses the Browser Client and uses it to open a file. Following that, no additional files can be opened with that Browser Client (XBR-129)
Either do not use the Open File action or do not install the Google toolbar or ICQ toolbar within Internet Explorer.
HTTP 500 error when try to access X1EE
Ensure IIS services are started. Sometimes, the World Wide Web Publishing service will not start because the HTTP SSL service is disabled.